FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop the cruise I want to get off
View Single Post
Old Feb 3, 2018, 10:54 am
mapleg

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by xooz
Too often I see this as an immediate response, indicating that posters should have already posed their scenario to the travel vendor before bothering the FT community. I believe that it is reasonable to post a question to get some feedback from the community before calling. It allows you to have some basis to assess the response you get from the travel company. If for example others have been successful and you call and are told no way, you already know it is reasonable to hang up and call again. There are other insights that can be helpful to have before contacting the supplier,

Discouraging people in their attempts to get travel insights on Flyertalk seems to be against the mission and spirit. I know there are plenty of annoying " Research my trip for me" posts, but one can just scroll on by.
+10000

It's more common of course on another well known travel site where people like to continuously chirp "What did the airline/hotel/cruiseline/tour company say when you called them'. Let's think about this...some airlines and tour companies may have you on hold for an hour or more to even talk to someone., There is also the distinct possibility that the answer given is incorrect due to lack of training or lack of customer service skills.

There's nothing wrong at all about going to a travel forum such as flyertalk or others and asking a travel related question. No use crabbing out about it.