FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking for New Airline that Offers Status for CC Spend
Old Feb 3, 2018, 8:46 am
mikeysf

Programs: AS 75k, B6 Mosaic
VX Gold refugee who started down this route about this time last year. Saw the writing on the wall, and while I kept my travel on VX, I moved my card spend somewhere I could build status.

I ended up getting the JetBlue card and earned Mosaic. Just got back from my first trip with status. I never flew JetBlue all that much, here are the main things you will notice coming from dearly departed Virgin:
  • Change fees: Mosaic gets you free changes and cancellations. Number 1 benefit for me personally and worth the price of admission; I change plans frequently and need to do that without penalty.
  • No upgrades: Mosaic doesn't get you free upgrades, not to to Mint (their Business product, only available on some routes), not even to Even More Space (first few rows economy, like Virgin's forgotten Main Cabin Express product). Having said that, as Mosaic you will get OK-priced upgrades for Even More Space that can be paid for in cash (~$99 for transcon) or miles (~1110). Lack of a business/first upgrade is a big negative, but it's nice to be able to burn miles for upgrades -- something I would have done every time with the VX MCS First $240 upgrades were it an option.
  • Soft product: Jury is out for me; was pleasant for the route I flew despite it being the oldest hard product (A320, no wifi, no power, transcon - eek). FA and gate staff recognized status and FA was generous with the beverages (free drinks is a mosaic benefit). I don't need a lot of pampering but, sample size 1, status appears to at least mean something to the staff.
I'm really not sure I want to maintain status on JetBlue yet, as I do want to give AS a shot. Will form a stronger a opinion after a few more months. Hope this helps!