FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2018 onwards)
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:05 pm
NBG007

Originally Posted by manhattendeli

How much is a large amount? Can I break it into multiple payments over a few weeks? I want to Put $2000 on Amex and $3500 on CIP. Plastiq asks for documentation? I can show them documentation of my loans, no problem. Does this apply to just Amex or both of these cards? Thank you!
anything in the 4 digit is my guess. My experience was they asked for info on the payment since it was treated a new business not on their platform and paying a large amount. Once I sent the doc, they would only allow MC or Discover for the payment. You could try to break it in smaller payments- no guarantee though. From what i saw they review every payment irrespective of if they are on the platform or not (more so when paying with Visa or Amex).
Due to notice from Amex /Visa to plastiq to not allow certain payments, they are much scrutinized.

Edit: I too sent a small payment first which went thru without issue. The next one was a big amount and it was reviewed.