FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend)
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:24 am
zzrayzz

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by christianj
This has been asked and answered numerous times! HH Rep confirmed that the free night at 1 year anniversary from Surpass application (if you applied under that deal) will be honored.

Tons of people in the same boat including myself. I plan on keeping the card to get the free night at the anniversary date as you would be stupid to not keep it. If you use the card, I would consider spending $15k on it to get another free night as outlined in the Ascend new card benefits. For me since I primarily use the card for grocery purchases (and not much else) I don't plan on going for the $15 k spend as I get a better return by putting spend on other cards.
Does the $15k free nt post to account right after spending $15k? or do you get it at the new year? O_O

Also side note, not sure if diamond is worth spending $40k on anymore vs just getting the Aspire card, which kinda negates the $450 AF. And holding both Ascend and Aspire = potentially 2 free nts every yr! (x2 with SO)