FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Hilton Honors Surpass Card from American Express (formerly called Ascend)
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:14 am
christianj

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by levilevi
But basically I'm wondering what happens to that free night I was "promised" at account opening in 2017.
Also - wondering if anyone else is in the same boat with the Surpass... what are you planning on doing now that all is out there?
This has been asked and answered numerous times! HH Rep confirmed that the free night at 1 year anniversary from Surpass application (if you applied under that deal) will be honored.

Tons of people in the same boat including myself. I plan on keeping the card to get the free night at the anniversary date as you would be stupid to not keep it. If you use the card, I would consider spending $15k on it to get another free night as outlined in the Ascend new card benefits. For me since I primarily use the card for grocery purchases (and not much else) I don't plan on going for the $15 k spend as I get a better return by putting spend on other cards.