FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:48 am
skicowboys

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond
I'd like to say a big thank you to all of the guys that post on here. In this case to rossmacd and Karfa in particular for the OTP-PHX fare.
It took some playing with as i struggled with matrix and powertools etc. (I'm normally not great but ok, it might have been complicated by looking for first class and the I and A availability or it may have been me). In the end i did it old school using the UK AA site and going through the city pairs. When i tried to get from OTP-PHX in one day the fare was in excess of £4k, stopping on the way in either JFK or LAX was less than half of that. I got the transcon on the o/b sector but not on the return so my wife will have to make do with old fashioned AA domestic F from PHX-JFK. The price to return to LHR gave me a nosebleed so we will return to AMS 2 months later and use that as our positioning flight for our next adventure (which is a great tip i picked up from another post on FT).
I booked OTP-LHR-JFK-LAX-PHX-JFK-LHR-AMS for £1887pp. The first and last flights are CE, the rest are First (one transcon 321T, one BA hopefully 86J 744 and an AA 77W). This is a TP optimised holiday, not a run, but with 930TP (i think 80+210+210+40+140+210+40) all in F that were possible, good flight timings and gaps in the flights of 2-3 hours to enjoy the lounges without prolonging the journey too much, I'm delighted. Thanks again to everyone.