FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - End of the Line: Key Bridge Marriott
View Single Post
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:31 pm
HomerJay

Originally Posted by lexdevil
I'm taking a group of 16 high school students to DC to visit the NMAAHC and a bunch of other Black History related sites in late February. I snagged a great LNF rate of $93 per night M-Th, which I don't think can be beaten for the location, proximity to the metro, etc.

I have a few questions, as it's been several years since I've stayed here.
  1. Any decent, reasonably priced food in the walkable area? Looking for spots that can handle a group of 18.
There's a recently renovated Mickey D's by the Metro stop - wags are calling it the Parisian McDonald's.

If the weather is okay and you guys can walk a bit, there are two places in the Colonial Village Shopping Center just up the hill on Wilson Blvd.
Pho 75 is the best, cheapest pho and other Vietnamese food, and there's a Ben's Chili Bowl as well. Ben's in a DC institution since 1959, with the best damned chili half smoke in the world, and was the place where Obama took Sarkozy to sample true AA food.
If you've got an AA crew going to the NMAAHC, I'd pick Ben's for a million good reasons. It's seven-tenths of a mile from your hotel, and a 15 minute walk to 1723 Wilson Blvd.

Enjoy DC. Safe travels.