FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will I keep upgrade / seat / baggage allowance / etc. after losing status?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 2:41 pm
SS255

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
Originally Posted by JRRinNC
Well, the call was actually to downgrade not realizing it would cost $200 to get the MCE exit row back. She SAID (of course who knows for sure) that she wouldn't touch or note my record or ticket in case I could get the AAdvantage desk to do something for me with the boost. Now after realizing the fee for MCE for just a 4 hour flight is $100 per seat, I'm rethinking about maybe doing the boost anyway (wasn't planning to before) even though it wouldn't be on my account for this flight.
If you pull the trigger on the boost today, I would suggest you call AA to see if they can see in the system that the buy-up is pending. If so, they *might* (but very well may not) move you back to the exit row. If they do not move you back to the exit row, take 2 printed copies of your receipt to the airport with you: 1 for the GA to keep (if necessary) when you ask to be put in the exit row even though your status is in a limbo state, and 1 for you to have on your person until your boost reflects in the system.

Good luck, and don't forget to report back on how things played out!