Old Feb 1, 18, 9:54 am
wanderlust4life

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, VA Platinum, AS 75K, HA Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JRRinNC View Post
That's my fear. And I do agree that I probably shouldn't have it now, but I didn't expect nor request it. (It was months ago when I opted to be in line for the upgrades, and thought I'd still have status.) I'm tempted to just go ahead and pay their huge fee for securing (extending) my status, but that fee they are quoting for me is $648 just for gold. Hmm.
I be there are so many people like you who have booked flights well in advance of the expiration date and have lost status and will discover this when checking in over the next four days until the maximum complimentary upgrade window has passed. It is a dilemma. Is it worth the risk? Thats up to you. If its a short flight and you don't mind getting bumped to economy into a middle seat then I'd still try regardless. For longer flights, especially full ones, it may be not as worthwhile especially if the downgrade happens at the gate when the passes are scanned.