FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR 1h15 connection, I-I
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:51 pm
ajGoes

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
The important question is whether this will all be one ticket TLV-LHR-ORD-DAY or whether there's a separate ticket in there somewhere. Assuming all one ticket, 1:15 at LHR is doable although without a lot of room to dawdle. And if an inbound delay causes a misconnect BA will rebook to whatever the final destination on the ticket is. You're right that the 1:30 at ORD will be the bigger challenge. I would not plan either of these connection times if there's a separate ticket.

If on one ticket it depends on risk tolerance. If this is the only logical/viable BA itinerary given the various flight options available, I'd go ahead and give it a try. In the best case it works, and in the worst case of a misconnect and rebooking you'll be on the longer less convenient connection times you would have had anyway.

ETA: It looks like neither the lhr-ord nor the ord-day flights that produce these connection times are the last of the day. So I'd give it a shot on one ticket and figure there will be options for a later same-day arrival if something goes awry along the way.
It was all one ticket, and he even had time for a coffee in the lounge at ORD.

The requirement was to get to DAY, not ORD, so if he'd missed his booked connection at LHR, any routing to DAY would have worked. There were lots of possibilities, none of which were needed this time.

Thanks all for the advice.