FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - End of the Line: Key Bridge Marriott
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:25 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by pinniped
I stayed there a few times over the years during trips to DC. I loved the location, but thought it was only a so-so property overall. I always thought it could have been so much more, given its location and historical significance to Marriott.

Will miss it simply because of so many fond memories of DC during my younger years.
Yeah. I don't know why it was allowed to fall part. It's almost a historic sight.

There are horrible pictures and reviews on Trip Advisor of rooms in the side wings and lower floors. The best rooms are the 10, 11 and 12 floors. They have new paint or wallpaper, carpet, and so forth. Still, they're dated rooms. Lipstick on a pig.

I haven't noticed anything change for better or worse in the last year. Interestingly, on my most recent stay, the duty manager told me the property has a new general manager and plans to improve. It actually sounds like it may stay a hotel. It didn't sound like they were going to demolish it, as the manager really wanted me to stay with the hotel on my future stays.