FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vayama - Incompetent, negligent and very rude
Old Jan 31, 2018, 12:35 pm
danielonn

Originally Posted by SophieCH
And it may have affected other people... They just did not take the time to write and share their experience. Believe me I know my husband's name! You are right though - I did not check within 24 hours.
What I find interesting is that Vayama did not want to do anything to help - it was not possible... but when I called Delta, within an hour the change was made!
I am sorry but every online travel agency and airline would charge you after the 24 hours buyers remorse period which is why I check all the emails and print out the purchase itinerary confirmation with all the names and to verify it. If I find a problem I would call the airline or online booking agency right away to void the itinerary and rebook it using the proper name. There may have been a slight increase on the ticket price but not to the point of the cost of having to pay the additional fees.

I believe there is a $50 name change fee the OP can pay to change the name on the ticket. Call Vayama and ask about this.