FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta cut my leg
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:49 am
danielonn

Originally Posted by kop84
Totally agree, that without seeing it, it's very difficult to say OP should get more than 10K miles...OP might have done just fine or been tragically under compensated.
First of all OP is a new FT member and may or may not know how the Delta compensation system works. Also what appears to be small to one person may be big to another. If it were serious I am sure the flight would have diverted to the nearest airport. Perhaps this was only a small paper cut or a contusion. If the OP thinks its serious then he or she should go see a Doctor and not have accepted the 10,000 miles right off the bat. I understand the OP was half asleep and answered the call(Perhaps Jet Lag) and accepted the offer.

Also Delta had to have reported it via the incident reporting feature on the Passenger Service Tablet whether its a minor or major injury. If this was not done then there is a liability issue. I believe this incident may fall under the lack of "Duty of Care". The OP should ask to be put in touch with the Risk Management Department and get a copy of the incident report or report the incident and have them talk with the Flight Attendant and puruer of the flight to see why an incident was not reported. Also the OP should ho to his or her Doctor to evaluate it and to write a letter documenting the incident along with the contact info to the Doctor and the OP then needs to submit it to the Risk Management Officer dealing with the OP's case and ask for further monetary compensation. If its so serious and debilitating you could retain a Personal Injury Lawyer who deals with airlines but it can be hard to prove the case.

One of the reasons I sit by the window is to avoid the drink cart from hitting me in the aisle. I can imagine that the OP may have been sleeping and their foot was in the aisle. The Flight Attendants are usually so careful and they say"Excuse me sir/madam I am coming through with the drink cart can you please put your feet out of the aisle". I know that sometimes due to turbulence and the flight attendants forgetting to set the brake on the cart the cart can roll down the aisle uncontrollably. Hence this is why you see two flight attendants on each side of the cart to avoid injury to themselves or the passengers. Those carts do weigh quite a bit.

I hope we do hear back from the OP but I somewhat doubt it as with other first posts of this nature here on FT.