FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Economy plus ad misleading ?
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2018, 11:13 am
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Except they are using a totally fictional pic of the "product". If they use a photo of an actual on-board seating arrangement, though taken at an advantageous angle, I would give them some slack.
But this is just outright deceptive....doubly so since the pic above it shows an actual on-board seat arrangement.
are they supposed to put a scale, 1:?

Advertising has rarely shown things as people would see it in real life, it’s made to show it in the most ideal conditions, even rediculously so. Sorry, I don’t see a clearly doctored photo of a Big Mac any differently. Ever gotten the max fuel economy as it’s listed on car documentation? I haven’t...again, they are doing it in conditions that can’t be repeated in real world driving.

Remember when airlines used to have videos of exercises to do on board, with one row of airplane seats on an otherwise empty beach, and models doing exercises it here? Anyone ever have space to do those exercises from their Y seats (or even in F or C?). Anyone ever seen a remotely close environment inside an airplane? I certainly haven’t.