Old Jan 31, 18, 5:04 am
the810

Programs: SK EBS, CC Gold
I was always fascinated how they manage to operate (mostly) absolutely terrible properties in Americas and (mostly) very good properties in Europe. In recent years, my travel focused on EU travel (+ some eastern Europe), so I view Carlson Rezidor as pretty good chain and generally prefer them. As far as I remember, I've only had one bad experience (RB Scandinavia Copenhagen). I even started to book Park Inns recently (which I previously avoided), following some really good experiences in Czechia, although I only accept Park Inn if it's recently opened. Hearing of their terrible quality in America is fascinating contrast - I always wonder what went so wrong with their management that they managed to achieve this inconsistency.

The main issue I have with Carlson Rezidor is very poor elite recognition - I've became gold only recently so I'll give them a chance to change my opinion during couple of next stays I have with them but unless it becomes significantly better, I may give up on maintaining gold with them (silver is enough to get good room in category I booked). Also, too many of their hotels have very weird "design" solutions of bathroom, missing proper wall without any window between bedroom and bathroom, which is the main reason why I book other chains in cities with Carlson Rezidor presence when travelling with someone else.