Old Jan 30, 18, 10:38 pm
spankytoes

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K View Post
Carlson had generous promos several years back that led to me accumulating a lot of points and trying out a number of properties around the world. On the whole, I have found their properties disappointing, even at their Radisson Blu properties that are meant to be their top tier. Their rooms tend to be very small and often not well maintained. They have now dramatically cut back on the loyalty program so even that is not in their favor. I don't see how any five year plan can change poor hard product. They can goose the loyalty program again, but a 20 sq ft room will remain a 20 sq ft room.
The only reason I ever tried them. Had a great time sending family members into rooms if they transferred me the points. Theyíre good for the occasional mid-level hotel in Berlin or Budapest, but not much more. (Albeit, The Mayfair was good and Iím using them for Reykjavik this summer) Their elite status program is a joke to obtain the top level, and when you get there, the benefits are crap. The most inconsistent chain Iíve stayed in for properties as well. A Hampton Inn is a Hampton Inn. A CIS could be a variety of setups based on the 2 star hotel it was renovated in.

The only reason Iíve given them business is because of their ridiculous points promos. Now that those have dried up, and their US locations are typically inconvenient, Iím not sure how they are going to break into the Top 10.