FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Business Class Seats review
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2004, 3:19 pm
alect

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by mikalee
QF are eliminating the difference betweent the Pacific and Kangaroo configs in their 3 class 747s. They have decided to only go with 50 J which is a consirable drop from the Pacific configs of about 75J.

Economics being economics I expect prices to rise to cope with the reduced supply. The other alternative which has been expressed is a severe reduction in U availabilty on routes that already have tight U availability.

I thought that if QF were confident with their product that another J cabin oif about 15-20 on the main deck would have made commercial sense but then again QF have access to data that I am not privvy and presumably they think they are making the right decision in eliminating the two configs.

According to the QF NA Group General Manager that decision is still a point of disagreement internally - as clearly the pacific routes have the demand to carry 79J, but different configs are not good for operating efficiency. (Although clearly for now they are reconfiguring the 747ERs to 50J)