FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nexus - U.S. Citizen with Canadian Permanent Residence
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:41 pm
dtl173

Nexus - U.S. Citizen with Canadian Permanent Residence

I'm a U.S. Citizen who currently have been a Canadian PR for a little over a year now. I'm looking to enroll in Nexus. During the application and interview process will it be possible to have both my US passport and Canadian PR Card recorded into the system where my Nexus profile will recognize both? I'm aware that when my card arrives after approval, citizenship will display as USA.

My concern is that I want to ensure whenever I enter Canada, the Nexus machine will recognize my card and record the entry as Canadian Permanent Resident re-entering the country. Not as a US citizen visiting Canada. Canadian PR requires being physically in the country for two out of every five years to continuously maintain the PR status. I'm afraid if the kiosk records me as a US citizen visiting the the country, those # of days will not be properly counted.

Same goes when I use Global Entry kiosk at US airports, I want it the Kiosk to record it as a US Citizen returning back to the country as oppose to a Canadian PR visiting the states. This is because a US citizen is not allowed to re-enter the country with a foreign document.

Do I also need to live in Canada for a minimum of 3 years in order for the nexus system to recognize and record both my passport and PR card into my profile (assuming the two documents are both applicable to be registered into the same account)?

In my situation, who will be the issuing country on the card?

Last edited by dtl173; Jan 30, 2018 at 1:48 pm