FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:54 am
Keyser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by stets
This thought at least makes me more confident that I'll be able to get decent value for my existing IHG point stockpile. I'm still abandoning all efforts to acquire any more IHG points, though.
same here....i always managed to do the bare minimum at all the accelerate promos & get enough points for 8-10 nights at nyc every year....but with the recent devaluation in both the regular points & pointbreaks, it doesn't make sense for me to continue acquiring more ihg points....

Originally Posted by stets
Nothing lasts forever. I got a huge amount of value out of this over the years. I stayed 31 nights on PB in 2017 and 47 nights in 2016. I doubt I was ever a profitable customer for IHG, so I can't blame them at all. I'm certainly one of the scavengers they're getting rid of with this move. Moving on to the next gag.
while i didn't stay anywhere close to the number of nights you stayed, i still got great value out of pointbreaks over the years....