FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thailand Honeymoon Help for Nov/Dec 2018
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyTheFriendlyMonkey

Programs: SPG PLT, HH Gold
Hi szacksanders! Congrats and hope you have a great honeymoon.

For hotels in Bangkok, I would be sure wherever you stay in convenient to the sites that you want to see, and to a BTS (skytrain) or at least an MRT (subway) stop. The Marriott Sukhumvit is close a BTS stop, is nearby some great restaurants in Thonglor, and has a great rooftop bar. Can't speak to their rooms, unfortunately. I've never been to the Marriott Marquis Queens Park, but I would make sure you can exit out the back towards the park. Otherwise, it will be a long sweaty walk to the BTS, EmQuartier, and most other place you will want to visit Prong Phom. As others have said, The StR is an incredible hotel, and it has a direct connection to the BTS. I personally like the Westin and the Sheraton Grand (not to be confused with the truly awful Royal Orchard Sheraton) as well.

A few words of caution. Your trip seems a bit hurried for a honeymoon, unless that is your style of travel. Also, I love Thailand, but some of the beaches, even at high end properties, are eroding very badly and dirty (at least beyond the resort's property line). I would research this carefully before selecting your beach resorts.