FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Q4/Full Year 2017 Results/Conference Call 23 Jan 2018
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:09 pm
minnyfly

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by prestonh
DL PLF 85.6, UA PLF 82.4. This earned over $30/pax revenue premium in 2017. Are you saying demand makes the price go down?
Of course not, holding everything else constant obviously. I don't know what you're even trying to prove with YE load factors.

Take a shot at the hypothetical question.

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Yeah, what I thought. You are now throwing ASMs into the conversation, and admitted UAs declining market share over the past 3 years, but didn't address the 2 cabin issue at all.
I should have recalled that this is a wasted excercise.
Those percentages are not ASMs. It's emplanements, or traffic. It's available here: Statistics - Dayton International Airport

I didn't say it proved anything regarding 1-class/2-class. It doesn't. I said it was a "data point of interest". And the reason it's interesting is because it doesn't agree with your assertions that increased 1-class service has been a key trigger for UA's reduced footprint at DAY. If your 1-class claims are indeed true and the effect of that is negative, we should see a defined market share loss over the long-run (and a potential trend rebound or flattening in 2017 due to mduell's stats that showed a YOY gain in 2-class service). But we don't see that, hence the data doesn't agree. It doesn't prove your claims are wrong, but it certainly leaves them more in doubt.

I'm still waiting on your evidence on 2-class service to ORD.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 29, 2018 at 5:21 pm Reason: Let's mantain civility in our discussins