FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:49 pm
HilFly

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And that would probably be the best line of approach, which I did mention in the previous reply. However from what little I know about hotel selection for crews, the hotel does have to conform to certain criteria, such as blackout curtains, and the risk of noise is on the checklist. But what happens when a bunch of teenagers in the next room start partying at (say) 9pm? Or more likely in this case night-time roadworks that happens once in a blue moon. You can tell if you're in a crew hotel since many of them will have signs up in particular areas asking for guests to be quiet in the common areas at all times.
I have stayed in hotels where I have been able to hear every word of every conversation in the corridor, the wedding in the ballroom, car alarms, car doors slamming, and trucks backing up all night long. I have also stayed in hotels that were well soundproofed where I heard nothing from inside or outside of the hotel. Location within the hotel can also make a big difference. I would have thought these factors are all within BA's control.