FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macau [Master Thread]
Old Jan 28, 2018, 4:19 pm
ftrichard

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by hadsst
I usually stayed at St. Regis and decided to give Sheraton a try after reading all the positive reviews here. I was disappointed.
- No upgrade as SPG Plat. Not even a Club room which was still available for sale on SPG app. Was assigned a room on a low floor next to an elevator with partly blocked view and noise from passing guests.
- Slow and intermittent wi-fi connection.
- Key cards sometimes unable to be detected by elevators.
- Room not too well maintained.
- Despite the extensive food options at the buffets in lieu of Club offerings, the restaurants were way too busy with staff forgetting orders.
- Staff near the guest floor elevators were rude to guests asking about directions.

I understand that the free buffets are appealing to many, I would probably go back to St. Regis next time for a more relaxed environment and courteous staff.
Your experience is extraordinary and not typical. I think somebody made a mistake checking you in. Every report I've read and all my experience of checking in as a Platinum (six times) is that I get one of the huge modern suites with games rooms on a high floor. You should email the manager and ask what happened because your experience is definitely not SOP for this hotel.

On the food front, I remember that Platinums had their own area in Feast and we were let in half an hour earlier than the paying masses so we could get our crab legs and lobsters before they were hoovered up. Again, I think if you had got the suite that you should have then you would have a wholly different impression of the hotel and the benefits for Platinums.

When I stay I pay ~HK$1000 a night and for the suite, breakfast, and Feast for two with free flow (they let us stay until 9pm one night on the booze) you cannot compare the value of the experience with the St. Regis. But if you're a St. Regis kind of person then of course only that will do.