FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flights leaving early with delayed connecting passengers should be penalized
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:24 pm
iluv2fly
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I certainly understand I am only a lowly 1K. I get that. Just reinforces 1K members are not important to them. I will never be GS, but I certainly have always tried to be understanding when United delays and cancels flights.

I do think the new measurement of when the door closes has changed behaviour at United.

So FT members tells me this is the norm for United so next time I will not husthe to the gate if there is less than 15 minutes to get there.
Pretty much the same thing happened to me on a delayed LAS-LAX flight. We landed at T7 and my connection to ORD was in T7 too. Ran to the gate. The agent was coming out of the jetway and sees me. "You must be Mr. iluv" he said. Yes. Sorry, had to push back. I rebooked you on the redeye back to Chicago. (Five hours later.) He did call the GFL and said that they would let me wait there. (Minor consolation.) So he knew I was coming and didn't wait.

And I'm a GS. So don't go uber-dramatic that you are a 1K and they don't value your business. It is what it is. Get over it.