FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flights leaving early with delayed connecting passengers should be penalized
Old Jan 28, 2018, 2:15 pm
cfischer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
I certainly understand I am only a lowly 1K. I get that. Just reinforces 1K members are not important to them. I will never be GS, but I certainly have always tried to be understanding when United delays and cancels flights.

I do think the new measurement of when the door closes has changed behaviour at United.

So FT members tells me this is the norm for United so next time I will not husthe to the gate if there is less than 15 minutes to get there.
I have seen them wait till the last minute and push back on time or a few minutes late. The GA would need confidence that connecting pax can make it ... gate is close etc. If you are running over from another terminal ... 99% would not do that so the GA looked at the arriving flight and determined there was no chance. I have had some luck telling the GA at the arriving gate to call the departing gate that I was making a dash over ... that has helped in the past.