FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Card Reader
Thread: Card Reader
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:54 pm
Ultraboost

Originally Posted by Gitangali
I do too. I actually write on a VGC after it is unloaded and all throughout I dealt with $500 load and $500 unload, then I go home and punch in numbers to make sure the balance is Zero then write on em again. Before I tuck it away, I look for 2 different writing then it goes in my basement. Still, the kind of person I'm, I know what the fault lines are and want to check it one more time and then call it good. If there is something quick and dirty then that's what I was looking for. The square should work, you create two accounts, pay one account from another for let's a say a painting. I believe they send you a reader for free. When you try to pay it from the VGC which has zero balance then it should just decline the payment or something like, that is your way of validating there is nothing on it.
Your process already double checks that there's no more value in the VGCs before you stash them away, so what makes you think money will magically reappear on any of the cards? I don't get it. It'll be a waste of time if you have thousands of cards.