FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences 2018
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:12 pm
VaBeachGirl

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum (3 Million Miler), IHG Spire Royal Amdassador
IC Lisbon

IC Lisbon
Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?

Booked Intercontinental Deluxe zroom, received Junior Suite

How are the rooms?
The Junior Suite was really just a larger room with no separate seating area, but it did have a view of the park. The hotel rooms are currently being renovated and the room I had was definitely showing wear and test. There wasn't a couch, but there were two chaise lounge chairs.
The shower was the smallest cubicle I have ever seen! I'm not a big person, but I had trouble shaving my legs in there.

How is the exec. lounge?
The lounge is located off of the lobby and was nearly empty the whole time I was there. Breakfast was great - lots of variety - with cooked to order eggs and other items. The evening cocktail hours are from 5 to 7pm, so it was hard to get to. I did get there twice, though. They had an assortment of Portuguese items every night, all as single servings, plus bread and cheese. Excellent wine selection, several beer options, lots of liquor. All self serve but the staff bends over backwards to make sure you have everything you need.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Received fruit everyday, plus one large bottle of still water and a smaller bottle of sparkling water. Also received a small model of a Lisbon trolley, plus some chocolate and tea.

How was the minibar?
Pretty good with local wine and port. No red wine, but there was a 375 ml bottle of sparkling rose and a 375ml bottle of champagne. Several local beers, lots of mini liquor. There was a large 750ml bottle of port and Johnnie Walker, but wasn't sure if that was actually included for RA.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good:
- Location, it's not right in the center of town but it's a quick subway ride or 20 minute walk
-- Views of the park from the room
-- The staff is friendly and so accommodating, club staff was outstanding
-- Mini bar

-Bad
-- Rooms are a little tired, but that should be resolved with on going renovation

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
Yes, definitely a good deal at 125 euros/night

Would you return?
Yes!