FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horizon lands on PUW taxiway
View Single Post
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:25 am
3Cforme
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by pharmawalk
Horizon ALWAYS has issues with PUW and its ALWAYS horizon's fault. Whether it be shoddy maintenance or sloppy pilots/crews, there is always an excuse but actions speak louder than words. In my opinion, Horizon Air dramatically brings Alaska down and because of that I no longer fly on Alaska.

The most egregious event I have encountered is a trip i has scheduled to the EU - all in first/business class from SEA onward (all PUW flights go to SEA). Horizon was 1hr 20 minutes late on a beautiful day for a 50 min flight. I specifically asked the captain why they were late and he said mechanical. When we arrived at SEA and had missed our entire international connection, Horizon tried to LIE and say it was weather-related...i mean directly lie to my face so that they wouldn't have to deal with the rebooking. I of course indicated my conversation with the pilot and asked for a supervisor and it all got sorted...but not without deception on the part of Horizon and my having to make a stand. Total piece of crap airline IMHO.
I don't see how that experience is relevant to the thread's safety issue of this specific PUW landing.