FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Insurance for Luxury Travelers
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:01 pm
Annalisa12
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by dulciusexasperis
I find a lot of people think a company 'policy' is like a law, inviolable. But policies are not laws, they are simply guidelines and any company policy can be ignored if you are speaking to the right person in that company. In many cases, the level of the person in the organization that can ignore a policy can be surprisingly low, in others you have to talk to the organ grinder. But here's the thing, whoever it is that can ignore the policy is not going to ignore it if they believe you are just 'gaming them' for the lowest price with no real interest in doing business with them rather than a competitor. Getting them to see you as wanting to do business with them rather than their competitor is what gets you their best effort and most people probably don't know how to do that, primarily because most are just trying to 'game' them.

Often little Betty on the desk has no authority to accept a price quote/change.

Often I have fronted upp at a hotel to be told tgey would not do the rate I have seen so I'v taken a few steps away from the counter, booked in online then returned to counter in minutes to check in for the lower price.