FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unaccompanied minor fare basis
View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2018, 5:41 am
meester69

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Unaccompanied minor fare basis

I am getting a little frustrated with trying to make a booking with SIA. I sent an email with the exact flights I wanted and my daughter's details, asking them to make the booking. They replied saying 'we will call you'. I checked the price again and it was showing as an adult fare of £756.71, based on a fare of £620 plus £75 UK tax (applicable for adults only), plus PSC etc, but with only one ticket left.

So I emailed them back 'please make this booking for me, there is only one ticket left'. They eventually called me but by now the flight is showing £796.71 for adult.

I asked for the price and they said £856 (or something, I don't recall). I said 'it's showing online adult price £796.71', they said 'that is promotional fare you cannot have that for UAM booking, it's different online'. I said 'what is your fare basis', he said 'it is economy lite outbound, economy standard in bound'. I said 'that's the same here'. Eventually he gives me a price of £721.71. I say 'that's the adult price minus APD, is it an adult fare because it's a UAM?' 'No sir, it's a minor fare, you cannot see the price online, this is from call centre only.' I say 'can you give me the fare breakdown', and he says 'there is a $200 fee for changes'.

I got a bit frustrated at this point and hung up.

Not long after they sent me a booking email with the itinerary, to be ticketed by 9th February (no idea why they couldn't have done that before), but no fare details at all. So I have no idea how much I have to pay. They called me back a few times but I can't really face talking to someone who doesn't know what he's talking about so didn't answer.

It seems that the fare basis is 100% of adult fare, so the only difference is the £75 APD, is this correct?