FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:12 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Dpetryszyn
I wanted to make sure I understand the waitlist priority order.
No one outside UA knows the "for sure" answer to that question. I would tend to agree that with P9 just a few days out, your chances look pretty okay.

My reservation currently says "I class requested". Should I call the UA help desk prior to the T-24 to clarify I am on the correct "PR-1" waitlist?
Recent reports are that the waitlist processes correctly. Unless something is obviously wrong, like your name isn't on the waitlist after you check-in, I would leave the good folks at United alone - both phone and gate agents.

Also, as has been reported multiple times in this thread, PR-1 is not the proper status for an award waitlist.

Should I be listed ahead of people using GPUs?
I believe the correct answer is "no" though you are correct it is still somewhat gray area.

There was a time you needed to babysit these award waitlist requests, but those days appear to be over. (And I would add that I don't believe the information in the wiki is either updated or correct.)