FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who's Nostalgic? 1997 Timetable Highlights
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:05 pm
RoyalSwazi

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
29/6 - PER via SIN & LHR to FBU (the old oslo airport) and back for my first trip for uni term holidays. WT as I could not convince my parents to fork out for CW (wonder why...). I was travelling with the only other Viking on campus. She was asked to move seats and got a bottle of champagne for her troubles. I was envious, despite my taste in booze only stretched to vodka, bourbon and moonshine in those days. Pre-take off juice and printed menu. Arrived home just in time to see the flag being lowered and Chris Patten in tears on CNN. Great service on all legs.

BA11/12 tended to have the best fares between PER & SIN, hence all my Singaporean mates would fly with them. As an avgeek I always enjoyed seeing the army of Hyacinth Buckets coming through customs. Those uniforms were hideous, but BA always provided great service:-)

On a separate note, I’ve collected printed timetables since the mid-eighties. I will never forgive my mother, bless her soul, for throwing out the ones I’d collected when we moved back to Norway from Africa in 1990.