FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 26, 2018, 2:03 pm
rossmacd

Originally Posted by HomewardTraveller
Hello FlyerTalkers, I’m after some help if you don’t mind please.

I am lucky enough to be going on gardening leave for the next few months. In time for my new start on June 1, I’d like to get myself back to BA Gold...so it’s time for a trip away & tier point run.

I’m after 1160 tier points so was thinking heading from LHR out to an ex-eu then onward LHR-NYC-LAX-HNL and back?

Currently can’t seem to work ITA Matrix well enough to pull anything better than £3415 right now. Looking really at any dates March & April excluding the Easter hols.

I’m not tied to HNL and would love some other ideas...it’s just I’ve been watching Hawaii Five-O so thought it be cool to see some of it for myself 😉. I was thinking of talking 48/72 hours at the destination with a 24 hours stop once on the way and once on the way back.

Thank you so much for any help or advice you can offer.
Instead of search from LHR, check fares from the usual suspects that have decent prices - ARN, OSL, TXL, AMS, BRU, LUX to name a few. This should yield better prices than you have found so far, but of course you would need to factor in the cost of positioning to the departure point.

Failing that, I would invite you to consider the OTP-PHX F or J fare that has been widely discussed in this thread, if you can make the dates work for you.

If you are feeling more adventurous, the CAI-HNL fare is still available, which you can yield in the region of 1,280 TPs for approx £1,700.