FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:57 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
In mid Sep my Boeing job took me to meetings in Fort Worth; I got upgraded on these two nonstops (Segments #7 and 8) on Airline #3
Two weeks later I was back on Airline #3 for Segment #14 (SEA-LAX, upgraded); I again returned from a nearby airport via Airlines #3 and 5 for Segments #15 and 16
Hmm... okay then - we've got Airline 3 being an airline that flies SEA-DFW as well as SEA-LAX. We already know it's not Alaska which in any event hadn't yet expanded to Texas. The only SEA-DFW airlines that come to mind are American and Delta. I'm pretty sure Delta still ran a mini-hub out of DFW but I'm positive about American on the SEA-DFW route. However, out of Burbank I don't see Delta going in a northerly direction. I think they came in from SLC and that's about it. That may hold true to this day. American on the other hand had a tidy little hub going out of SJC. I know because in late September of 1989 I flew on an AA MD80 from LAS up to SJC to see the Grateful Dead play at Shoreline Ampitheater in nearby Mountain View. However, I don't think American ever flew nonstop SEA-LAX, so that nixes AA out of BUR.

Let me think about this a bit more...

Sorry - I'm drawing a blank. Based upon the SEA-DFW route where I see only AA and DL offering nonstop flights, but AA not operating SEA-LAX (that I'm aware of) and unable to see Delta flying anywhere out of BUR other than SLC (And of course whatever airline flew out of BUR for segment 15 would have to fly someplace where Alaska flew into Seattle with a 727-200 from. Alaska didn't yet serve SLC-SEA (though oddly it used to back in the early 80s) so I'm at a loss here.

I'll sit back and watch for a bit on these... I'm sure one or more of the cognoscenti can figure this out.

Last edited by Seat 2A; Jan 25, 2018 at 4:30 pm