FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did Hyatt change its Diamond award booking policy?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:07 am
lovesupgrades

Programs: UA 1k, SW CC, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Julie17
Have any globalists had success lately booking point stays without enough points in your account? I talked to 2 or 3 different reps who all say the maximum a Globalist can go negative is 1000 points, which might as well be zero. This is the same policy being quoted in 2015 in this thread, but I've personally done it multiple times in 2016 and 2017. Usually I would get an email a couple of weeks before the stay reminding me that it would revert to a paid stay if there were insufficient points one week prior to check-in, and I would transfer UR points before the deadline.

I asked when the policy changed and they say it changed when WoH was implemented, but I definitely booked a 125,000 point stay in July 2017 with hardly any points in my account. They say the system won't even allow them to do it anymore. Any other recent experiences?
A few weeks ago I was also trying to do the same thing and got the same response as you (only 1,000 pt deficit allowed). I hung up and tried again later and was successful (140,000 point deficit over 2 reservations)....so I would suggest HUCA. However, I have not yet been successful at making a C+P reservation without sufficient points though (I was able to do this all throughout 2017).