FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travel Insurance for Luxury Travelers
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:22 am
dulciusexasperis
Suspended

Originally Posted by KatW
Is it axiomatic that whenever a thread takes off a squabble will be forthcoming? And, that's OK as long as posts remain civilized. A modest degree of snark is inevitable.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, for those referring to coverage "automatically" provided by AmExPlat and other cards, how exactly does that work? What sort of documentation is needed? How long is the process? How arduous or not is the process?

Even with specifically purchased travel insurance, applying for recompense often is a horror. Pay a gazillion dollars, then, if one has a claim, spend many hours substantiating same and negotiating the bureaucratic barriers ...

Meanwhile back at the ranch, after all this discussion and attempts to clarify what travel insurance covers and how it works, you then ask how credit card coverage works? Really? Coverage for what? A medical claim or a lost bag? Your question is meaningless unless you make it clear what you are asking about specifically. Why not just go and read the AmExPlat policy for yourself and see what it says.
https://www.americanexpress.com/us/c...nce-terms.html

You make statements about a gazillion dollars and bureaucratic barriers, yet I see no evidence whatsoever that you have done any actual research on which you base such statements. I think like many, you make assumptions based on hearsay. If you don't want to buy insurance whether medical or trip coverage, then don't. But don't look for others to validate your thinking when someone can spend $38 and get everything covered. Not a 'gazallion dollars' and here's a tip for you KatW. Read the following reviews by people making claims from an insurer and then where you see some of the people complaining about the process, read again carefully and ask yourself if what they are really saying is that they didn't READ the policy before they travelled and as a result they did some things wrong in making their claim. IN 9 out of 10 instances at least, when people complain about a claim process with insurance, it is because they didn't read their policy in full.
https://www.squaremouth.com/travel-i...nsured/reviews

When negative reviews represent .05% of all reviews, 'bureaucratic barriers' don't seem to be an actual issue worth mentioning. If you need a $100k hospital bill paid, I think it is going to put your disliking 'bureaucratic barriers' in perspective for you. You'll jump through as many hoops as they ask you to if they pay the $100k. Where people complain about the paperwork they have to go through for a claim, it is usually when they are claiming for some small amount for something I'd wouldn't even have bothered claiming for to begin with.

I have no affiliation with any insurance company except as a customer but I do find it ridiculous when so many people bad mouth insurance companies as if they do not provide a useful service.