FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - From Cool to Cruel. AS downgrades VX food snacks
Old Jan 25, 2018, 9:53 am
Eastbay1K
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by pcoll
We flew VX F yesterday . LAX - SEA. 3:00 departure
Upon boarding, Blankets and Pillows at seat!!! I was happy to see this. Last 3 trips, no blankets or pillows. Menu still presented for meal choice. In this direction (North) Salad with Beef or Protein Plate. South showed chicken salad or Protein Plate.
Husband asked if he could have a sandwich from coach. No, no sandwiches on board. Was offered protein plate from Y or stay with the one listed for F. Service functional, but FA was not in a "good mood". Seat 2A TV was not functional and tray table needed blanket under to hold it level. Seat 2C recline features glitchy. was not able to fully recline or return foot rest for landing. Maintenance is not being done, obviously.
Snack basket presented. Not even close to what was previous. the tray contained snack items from Y. No more Dean and Deluca anything.... Chips, popcorn , "packet of brain food", pre-packaged brownie and box of cookies. (no M and M's)
Interesting, all the men chose chips and popcorn and women chose cookies or brownie .
Later in flight... chatted with FA (behind curtain). Approached her with request for Auto Pilot Kit. (she said none onboard). Finally, she did admit that VX crew are not happy about the new situation. they are nervous with what will happen down the road. Asked her about new uniform unveiling and her feedback. Not too thrilled with the white stripe on dress. FA's are calling it the Coke Dress, like a can of Coke. The white will never stay white, is what all have all said. "Are they going to supply TIDE pens for this?". (I have been surveying AS staff on reactions) Many are hoping changes will be made before final roll out. "They have 2 years to get it right"
Also, interesting thing happened. After safety video there was a taped piece that was played. " WELCOME to Alaska Airlines, we are known for shuttling lumberjacks to the outback..then volume was turned all the way down and I could barely make out words. " Intentional??? Or... equipment Glitch. Pilot even made a comment upon his welcome. Started to say welcome onboard Virgin America,then " I guess we are Alaska Airlines now, so welcome onboard Alaska Airlines"
Did the crew also complain about their new pay structure?