FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Koh Samui {THA}
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 18, 6:02 am
Ariesflyertalk

Originally Posted by aspenedelen View Post
I would like to preface this as stating "Damn you Jet Lag!"

I am from South Dakota where it is currently colder than cold. I am traveling as a single traveler on my 40th Birthday trip due to wife back home being a teacher. Arrived at the Conrad at Koh Sumai yesterday late morning after 36 hours in Bangkok. I booked a car via Mr Sumai and FB literally a hour before I was flyng out from Bangkok (incredible service and well worth the $30 price tag for a one way or $56 rt). and was picked up in a full service leather seated lux SUV. On the drive to the Conrad I spoke with Mr. Sumai via the drivers phone and was able to stop off at a gas station to allow me to buy my "daddy drinks" so I wouldn't have to buy that much alcohol here at the resort.

As I arrived here at the Conrad I was led into the open aired reception parlor during a downpour under the umbrella of a porter who genuinely cared for my well being. I was given a really nice tea and a cold towel that literally smelled delicious. I then met with the Director of Operations and had a genuine conversation about being a Diamond, world experiences, travel and so forth.

I booked the lowest category room here two or so months ago using Points, the Retreat Villa. When I arrived today I was "hoping" to be upgraded into a larger suite vs the base that I had booked. When I was spoke with Thomas who is ihead of Operations he preceded to inform me that I was upgraded to a Two Bdrm Villa and they genuinely want to show their appreciation to Diamonds. On a side note, I am fully aware of upgrade policy within the Hilton Portfolio and definitely did not expect this, maybe one cat or two higher but not all the way to the top. This resort makes me actually want to keep my Diamond status purely for the Diamond treatment. *side note* other Hilton Resorts, you need to seriously take a step back and reevaluate your Diamond policy, maybe hire Thomas as a consultant. Conrad KS has its upgrade policy spot on, "If and when upgrade availability allows".

Anyone have any questions I can answer for them while I'm here? I am moving today into a Conrad Royal One Bdrm Villa that I booked via points to enjoy the best of the bes while here in CKS.

Anyone on FT by chance currently at this property and would like to meet up for a drink, I'll buy first round!
what a crazy coincidence. My wife and I were here same time as you. Upon arrival we were told the royal suit was currently occupied, now I know it was you! We had to wait a day or two until you left then the office called our room and asked if we would like an upgrade to move in for the rest of our stay. Love the customer service at this property.