FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Condé Nast: The 'New' Alaska Airlines Looks a Lot Like Virgin America
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:14 pm
bkojote

$16.00 is about what Alaska charged for the DigEPlayer, and on legacy VX I found the entertainment selection to be sever cuts above what's on most IFE's (a lot of HBO content and hit shows vs. the bargain bin stuff. And it's not like Alaska's DigEPlayers are particularly reliable either (though to be fair they can get swapped out).

And while Alaska technically had hot options I have found the quality to be pretty abysmal across the board (last to were uninspired mushed sandwiches served in grease stained bags), whereas Virgin's has been stellar (especially the tapas plates) and plated extraordinarily well for an economy meal. In fact I'd say just about every Y meal I've had on VX has easily surpassed every F meal I've had on Alaska.

There were a number of things I didn't like about VX, and again, I like Alaska for their own reasons (generous frequent flier program, excellent customer service, still better than the legacies in a lot of respects), but man they just do not understand the VX flier.

(And for what it's worth, I'd imagine JetBlue would have likely kept a lot more VX features, but even if they didn't we'd be getting a leagues better transcon first class at way lower prices, free WiFi, and east-coast terminals that aren't dumpster fires.)