FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Groups
Thread: Buying Groups
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:55 pm
optostar

I don't think OP is helping himself with his username and the investigations posted above but I just wanted to add my comments on the concept. I participate in a few buying groups, but like dordal said, I only buy for trusted friends' reselling businesses too. Fortunately, I have quite a few reseller friends. The way it works is I buy and send to a prep center, where it is then prepped and sent to the friend's FBA account. Some people receive the items at their own house too, and act as the prepper; the buyer provides the shipping labels to FBA. It removes the headache of dealing with FBA and returns and restrictions myself, while getting lots of legitimate spend for points and even profit (commission per product). And since it's all done at home, I don't have to go out and buy VGCs and MOs anymore. But this is not for everyone and the warnings about getting scammed are real. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who is thinking about buying for a stranger and not a trusted friend. It's very similar to the dangers of gift card reselling; in general I only resell via trusted friends or established companies.