FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AMEX Platinum Sign Up Bonus Removed After Review
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:38 pm
golfingboy
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

AMEX Platinum Sign Up Bonus Removed After Review

Hi all - hope someone can help me out here but I had a really odd experience... I signed up for the AMEX Platinum (after being a longtime Citi Prestige customer - reevaluated my premium card after Citi gutted many benefits that I use) in early December.

I just flew past $5,000 spending (thanks to a family ski vacation out west) in the last few days and I did not realize that the 60K bonus already posted into my account until I got an email from AMEX saying after a review of my activity they removed points... Perplexed I logged into my AMEX and checked my MR points summary. I noticed 60K MR posted and the next day 60K was removed.

I am completely lost on why they made that decision. I did have a few credits ($200 airline credit and a DL trip that I canceled which was refunded to my AMEX) so did that potentially “drop” my spending below $5K?

Either way doesn’t make sense since my balance right now is well over $5K after all the credits.

Last edited by golfingboy; Mar 17, 2018 at 11:52 pm Reason: Spelling