FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Who's Nostalgic? 1997 Timetable Highlights
Old Jan 24, 2018, 1:01 pm
binman

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I bought a 1997 BA Timetable on eBay to replace one I'd long since lost. I used to fly BA once a year back then between New York and London (sadly always WT) and sometimes onward to Europe so this is a BA I remember very well. I have shared some highlights here.

Only one of those partners still flies

Did you say over 50 different movies in First?

I did like the square dot branding for Club

When CCR meant Concorde

The old Executive Club

Speaking of the Concorde, and a really CW heavy 777

Three class DC-10!

747-100 and 200

The 767 that was a mainstay of smaller US airports

And the early website.

Hope you enjoyed.

Thanks for the memories. I was flying a lot at that stage including the magical Concorde experience.

With regard to the 50 videos.......if I recall the individual video players were beginning to be phased out. They had a box of mini videos which you could select and when they were introduced they were light years ahead of anyone else IFE. The problems however were that there were 50 videos not 50 movies. Popular items would have multiple units. The video players also had an issue with chewing the tapes and sometimes over heating. There is a famous scene from the first mission impossible movie when the tape self destructs and he is seated in a smoking seat!!!

I used to love flicking through those timetables and dreaming up places to visit just because of the name. happy days!!!