FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF WP's off to LHR - conundrum and questions
Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:51 am
mikalee

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
Originally Posted by Dave Noble

When you arrive at LGW don't take the Gatwick Express. Hop on the Thameslink Service to Bedford ( runs every 15 minutes ) and change either at Kings Cross Thameslink or Luton to connect to the train to Nottingham. If you change at Kings X Thameslink, there is about a 500 metres walk across to St Pancras where you can then wait in the 1st Class lounge for your train to Nottingham. If you change at Luton, the connection is shorter ( at worst you may have to change platforms ) but no lounge
I would not suggest going through to Luton as that will add a further changes/time to your journey and a less frequent service to Nottingham.

I would suggest as Dave has getting the Thameslink from LGW to Kings X Thameslink and then make the walk to the Interim St Pancras station. I presume it is signposted cleary but it is located just up the line from the original St Pancras.

If you were travelling this in 2007/08 when the refurbished St Pancras opens you would be able to transfer seamlessly from the Thameslink to either the Midland Mainline or Eurostar services who will all use the one station. In the meantime lots of building work going on.