FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best airline to fly to HI from SFO and which islands to visit in 12 days
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:42 am
Cledaybuck

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by xiaogio
Thank you JumboJet, Cledaybuck and tatterdema for the recommendations.
Cledaybuck, how did you book with AS using Avios? I looked in the Alaska website and I didn't see where to book it...
Is there any airline that flies with wide-body planes? Not very keen to do a 5h30' flight on a single aisle jet...
Thanks,
XG
First find an AS nonstop flight at low redemption (17.5K one way). Luckily, from the bay area, you have a flight from each of SFO, OAK, and SJC. You then have to call BA to book the flights, which will cost 12.5K avios one way. I transferred Chase UR points to get the avios, although I waited until confirming availability on the phone with BA, since I have no other real use for avios. These points transfer instantly, so I was able to do it while on the phone with the agent. After getting the tickets, I signed up for checkmytrip, which showed ,me my AS confirmation # (I only had a BA confirmation #). This allowed me to pick my seats on AS's website. Good luck!