FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Availability (2018 master thread)
Old Jan 24, 2018, 11:08 am
moonwoo

Programs: AA
Hey guys pls let me know if this is not the right place to post this. I have a couple general questions about upgrade chances to Hawaii for those of you who may have experienced this

1. Which routes to Big Island Hawaii (KOA) has the best probability of clearing an upgrade? I noticed that DFW- KOA is on a 772 but I'm assuming its a heavy route and with PE. PHX-KOA is on a 757 and I think the LAX-KOA route is a 321, F/Y configuration class.
2. Can you still upgrade directly to F from Y (essentially bypassing W) if you are flying to Hawaii on a 777? Americans wording makes it seem like you can upgrade to premium economy from coach but not from Coach to First.

I'll be traveling at the end of July and I am an EXP

"For now, you can upgrade from Main Cabin or Premium Economy to First or Business using your AAdvantage miles or systemwide upgrades. For flights to / from Hawaii, Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro members receive complimentary upgrades if seats are available. Platinum and Gold members can use 500-mile upgrades."