FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Club Europe - AWFUL
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2018, 8:06 am
NWIFlyer
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kingstontoon
Wow. I'd take the 767 over anything else in Club Europe, except the mid-haul 321s! I suspect the OP might be American though where of course business / first class seats on domestics are a big step up from CE (or indeed most European short haul biz).
Yes, indeed - I have an ex-AMS trip to CPT later this year, and - whilst it's not entirely a deliberate choice - am extremely pleased that three out of my four flights (I'm not B2B on the return set) are on a 767 because of the better CE seating in the centre seats for a couple, the better seat padding and the two abreast with more legroom compared to the A320 series in Y for our return.

Many US/North American airlines still run very old 757 & 767 aircraft both domestically and internationally. Age is irrelevant here - it's how the aircraft is looked after. Now, some of BA's 767s are becoming tired, and because of the imminent retirement are not going to be re-furbished, but I'd still take one over the Airbuses any day of the week.

This seems more to be a case of a massive assumption Business Class/First Class is the same the world over. If I were the OP, I'd be grateful for the 1200 Euros and put it down as a lesson learnt.