FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Constitution-Free Zone Alive & Well!
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:48 am
pewpew

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by awayIgo
A US identification can be anything--a driver's license, a medicaid or medicare card, a food stamp card, a credit card etc.etc. ALL of these documents are only issued to those who are LEGALLY in the US. --try to open a bank account now a days. --or try to be an illegal and get a credit card. So, holders of these cards are either legal, or they are experts at forgery. Now, who can honestly say that they are going to be traveling with NOTHING that has their name on it!
Well I often left my passport and I-20 at home when I took weekend trips to, say, NYC or DC.. I will continue to maintain that laws requiring anyone to carry their passport are asinine, especially if you're going to be spending more than a week in that place. If you really doubt who I am so much, I'm happy to go home to get and show it to you, as one may do in Germany.

Originally Posted by :D!
Do driver's licenses and bank accounts get revoked when someone who was previously legally in the US overstays?
DL validity is the shorter of the standard length for citizens (4 years?) or the validity of your visa. As for credit cards... Well, I still have some of my fee-free US cards two years after leaving