FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:00 am
flyuk

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by Misco60
You have to decide whether you're doing a TP run or a TP-optimised mini-break. If your aim is just to get the TPs you need then there is no point spending more money and time doing so just to get a better £/TP ratio.

Phoenix might not be the most interesting of cities, but is a very easy destination for a quick TP run. The flight times are convenient (typically, arriving at around 7pm and leaving at around 10am the next day), and there is a wide choice of hotels in all categories near the airport. There are even a couple, such as the Crowne Plaza, that you can reach easily without having to take a taxi (the minimum taxi fare from the airport is $15) or wait for a hotel shuttle.

I shall be doing an OTP-PHX run at Easter, routing via LHR, HEL, LHR (again) and BOS in each direction, netting 1,040 TPs for just under £1,500. With the positioning flights, that's 1,200 TPs for around £1,800. I don't know whether that routing is still possible - I booked mine many months ago.
That's a great deal, but the logistics are not as suited to me as a SOU-AMS positioning flight.