FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which airline Mumbai to Kochi (+ return)
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:08 am
PiperAtGatesofDawn

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
I don't know what stories you've heard/read about AI but their flight disruptions and baggage loss etc. is no better or worse than any other major airline. Though I travel extensively on AI, UA for instance has delayed my baggage many many many more times than AI ever has. BA has lost/delayed my family's luggage a few times too. Point I'm trying to make here is that these things should not be points for consideration when you're booking on 9W, 6E or AI because these airlines are no better or worse than any other major airline today especially flying nonstop. Although understandably it can be really frustrating when you're that 1 person in 100000 (or whatever the number is) whose luggage is lost when you're on holiday.

BOM is operating at almost peak capacity so there might be delays (for all airlines) flying out of there or landing there.

Flight timings & in-flight services etc. would be what I'd look for. Operational efficiencies of 6E > 9W > AI. Services of 9W > AI > 6E. Taj Santa Cruz is in the airport 6E flies out from. The AI & 9W airport is about 20-30 minutes away depending on traffic. AI will give you more weight allowance (25kgs) vs 15kgs on 9W & 6E. You can use those savings to upgrade yourself to J on AI by buying an upgrade at the airport for Rs.6,700 if available. That way you'll get all the priority check-ins, lounge access (BOM J lounge is much better than the paid ones) etc. that you want. This would save you some money vs. paying separately for luggage + priority + lounge.

Otherwise you'll need a Priority Pass / Diners Club / cash to access lounges at BOM. As is with almost all paid airport lounges - they aren't VFM at all for just grabbing a bite to eat. The food court / airport restaurants in BOM is a much better place to spend your money and save a bit. No idea about COK lounges.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jan 24, 2018 at 7:12 am