FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I love Swiss Y Short-Haul
View Single Post
Old Jan 24, 2018, 3:46 am
cas_de

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Strange... all FTers usually rave about how great A3 is in economy... LH Group service in regional flights is on par with AF-KL or BA...
So far I have only experienced A3 on domestic flights within Greece. A320 - horrible seat pitch, service ok, A321 - great seat pitch, service ok; but I fail to see the greatness of A3 (especially with the OA - A3 mixup). However, I did experience an interesting difference in service between LH and LX on flights MUC-ATH (944 mi great circle) vs. ATH-ZRH (1020 mi great circle):

LH: hot meal, good service
LX (on the longer flight): cold snack, very sober and minmal service

Just my personal observation, but I remember that I did compore both flights after arriving in ZRH and I did feel that the LH service and offerings were substantial better on the flight to ATH than LX's service on the return flight. Your own experience may vary.

On a positive note though, all three of us (Mrs. cas_de and cas_de jr.) were rebooked from an OS flight ATH-VIE to the LX flight ATH-ZRH due to a storm in VIE/MUC less than one hour before the LX flight did depart ATH. They managed to pull all of our luggage (including stroller) from the OS flight, retag them and load them on the LX flight and clearing up the first row in Y for us so that we can sit together as a family. Both the LH/LX/OS station manager in ATH and the MdC on the LX flight did do a great job here.